"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards - the things we live by and teach our children - are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." Walt Disney

Friday, November 15, 2013

Well, the summer has been over for a while so I am not sure why the blog was not updated sooner.  However, better late than never.  To catch you up to speed...the day we left for California, we had to get Damon's arm casted.  He fell off his longboard while having the dog pull him.  So, no surfing for him.  We ended up wrapping it in a plastic garbage bag so he could go to the beach.  He had a great time helping Lindsay dig a gigantic hole.  Madison loved surfing and is ready to go back again.  Chris even convinced me to give surfing a try, and I never did manage to stand up but had a blast anyway.  While I was out surfing, the kids finished digging their hole and then decided to climb inside and let grandpa and lindsay bury them.  The pictures say it all.



One heck of a hole!!

The buckets make the outfit!

Madison kicking butt the first time she tried surfing.  

Ummm...yes, I know this picture is sideways, and no I can't fix it. 

Chris and Alicia took the kids to the nationals soccer game for their birthdays.  The kids loved it.  Thank you uncle Chris and aunt Alicia.  
We visited the Midway while in San Diego.  It was very interesting!  I also found a good place for the kids to hang out.  (Actually, this better be the only time in their lives that I see this view)




August saw us return to school.  Madison is now in 6th grade and Damon is in 10th.  Madison still goes to school with me and SURPRISE!!!  I am her teacher this year.  Yes, I moved from Kindergarten to sixth grade.  I like to keep life interesting. ha ha.  We are doing well, and the kids are working hard.  We went to a REAL soccer game and the kids had a blast.  

October brought pumpkins and Halloween.  We made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  Madison insisted on a white pumpkin that must have weighed about 50 tons.  She had big aspirations for that pumpkin.  Madi went dressed as super girl and Damon went dressed as Einstein.  Despite my desire to be lazy and wear my scrubs and stethoscope for Halloween I gave in and dressed like a minion with the other people at work.  It turned out really cute.  



Chillin' at the pumpkin patch.

Damon's pumpkin.

Madison's pumpkin.
(Bonus points if you can tell me what their pumpkins are carved as)

Some of the awesome people that I work with.  Love you guys.

Here we are ready for trick or treating.  (Yes, it is sideways.  Sorry)

Madison is ready for the holidays; Mom is not so sure.  We are all excited for Christmas and a nice long break from school!!


No comments: