"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards - the things we live by and teach our children - are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." Walt Disney

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wahoo!!!

Alrighty, I just want everyone to know that the second and third surgeries that I scrubbed for were fine. There was no passing out and I didn't have to leave the room. I also got to assist with the stiches and then I did the staples to close up the incision. I was so excited. I plan to scrub another time or two this week. I need to get my training done so that I can scrub by myself and work my shift as the scrub on my shift.
The kids are terribly excited about school being out next week. Damon has a field trip on Thursday and Madison has a water day, field day, movie day, and carnival next week. Needless to say, they are pretty much done for the year.
Madison has her dance recital next weekend and they both play their last baseball game next week. Damon's team has a tournament and they are currently in second place for the league.
We are spending the holiday weekend at home because I work tonight and Mike works tomorrow and Monday night. (I hate when work interferes with my social life) We did take the kids to Chuck E Cheese with our friends on Friday and then we went to the movies that evening. The kids loved Indiana Jones and they saw Prince Caspian last week. They think this is great, two movies in two weeks is a world record for us.
We are planning to do some camping in a couple of weekends but we are struggling with an exact location because it has been so cold and wet here that we are afraid to head into the mountains around us. We are thinking of heading south or southwest. We think that we might go hunt for some topaz and fossils. This makes the kids excited (and the dogs excited) because they get to run around looking for rocks and playing in the dirt. Which reminds me, the kids have spent the last couple of weeks bug hunting. Grandma and Grandpa contributed by buying the kids a bug viewer that they can catch bugs and put them in and then it magnifies the bug. However, I am tired of having jars with miscellaneous bugs sitting around the house so I contributed by buying them a bug cage for their fabulous pets. They spent the evening yesterday and the afternoon today catching bugs. As I was leaving for work, I had to check out the whole mess of potato bugs that they each had in their cage.
Well, hope that all is well with everyone.
Love ya!!

No comments: